Friday 9 November 2018

Bikejoring with the Staffies

Recreational bikejor


So, I wonder, could I introduce our little canicross dogs to bikejoring next?  After all, I had dug up an old 2 dog line and a pair of harnesses that fit them.  All I needed was a bikejor antenna.  The fitting that allows you to suspend a tow-line from the dogs to the bicycle, clear of tangling in the front wheel.  Now, when I use to bikejor 10 - 12 years ago, finding a commercially made bikejor antenna was pretty difficult.  For the first few years I improvised with a home made effort involving a section of plastic tubing.  When I did eventually buy an antenna, it was from a guy in the Netherlands, that took forever to deliver following payment, and I think, he was losing interest in the business:


The Dutch bikejor antenna that I was using in 2008
Only in 2017, I found that there were several different models of bikejor antenna available for sale on the Internet!  So, I bought one, and I gave it a go:



They had fun.  Okay, these two particular staffie crosses are possibly not going to win any bikejor races.  It's strictly leisure bikejor for them.  See the a little of the excessively long video at the top of this post.  13 miles at a snail pace - but they are living.  After several leisurely bikejors, they get excited when they see the bicycle being wheeled out.


Now ... I wonder what about that pointer-cross that I've dreamt about being human to, what if such a dog were to come into my life?  Next post - an introduction to my bikejor project, Byker.

No comments:

Post a Comment